7/22/2007

Rushing to Church

How is it that even when you get up early, you still end up rushing to church! I remember Sunday mornings with my mom, a single mom or the only parent attending church, screaming at us to get our clothes on, eat breakfast, and get in the car. Then of course there was the argument of three children of who got to sit up front. A never ending saga that ended when we walked in the church doors. You wonder how we learned anything when we got there after the rush and chaos of getting there.

With that in mind, I try real hard not to rush my kids. I read somewhere that "hurry" should never be said to your children. You should plan ahead for enough time so that you not throwing them out the door and into the car seats.

And we were not that late to day. We were technically on time- just not as early as I wanted to be there... I have a bit of a thing for being on time... from the above story, do you wonder why? :)

I did not say "hurry" but I did say "come on guys, get to the car." Of course, we started getting ready too soon, which was part of the problem. We thought we had more time that we ended up with. I will make an effort to make my children not feel rushed, but still get there on time. You try too!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com