7/25/2007

Diagnosis: Cancer

In some past posts, I mentioned my husband has been in the hospital and has had some surgery. He had a mass removed from his testicle that was cancerous. he went to the oncologist today who first told him to do two courses of chemo. He later called back (after consulting with Lance Armstrong's cancer doctor!) and said that no treatment, but consistent scans throughout the years is another option. We had to think carefully, but he is going with the observation plan. The likelihood of the cancer returning is possible with either option, of course lower if we treat it now. If it does return without treatment now, he will have to have 4 courses of chemo then. What is the right answer? Only time will tell. Please pray for us in the coming months, years, as we continue to deal with a variety of medical situations.

1 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I've been through various cancer diagnosis in my family as well. All I can offer is our thoughts and prayers and keep positive!

 
design by suckmylolly.com