3/15/2008

Outside Clothes Dryer, i.e Clothesline

I have wanted the old fashion clothes line for a few months now. We have tried really hard to decrease our power bill and become more ecofriendly in our home. Our dryer quit working last week, so now I have the reason to go get my clothesline! For about $50, probably as much as the dryer part is going to cost, I can get my clothesline at our local Ace Hardware. The big companies, like Lowe's and Home Depot did not carry them according to their websites. There were lots of good advice online for making your own, but it costs almost as much and it will save me the labor! I am running out today to pick it up and hope to have it in the ground by the end of the day. Witht the extra hour of sunlight each night, there is plenty of drying time after work hours are over. I remember my grandmother drying clothes outside- it is a good memory!

Click here to support breast cancer research by purchasing an original Breast Cancer No Excuses T-Shirt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the smell of clothes dried outside. I plan on having DH expand our small section this summer. We are also looking for ways to cut our energy usage. I believe we should all be good stewards of what God gave us, no matter what the current science trend is, lol.

Betsy said...

What a nice idea, RK. We also had one growing up and it did save on the electric bill. The only thing I didn't like was the hard towels...guess they were that way from drying naturally. There's just something about towels fresh out of the dryer!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com