9/06/2007

Back to School Tips

I am participating in the Smart Moms Back to School Tips contest to win a $25 gift card to my choice of a few different places. Of course, I cannot win, because I am a Smart Mom, but I still want to promote it in case any reader wants to participate!

My back to school tip is to schedule a fun activity one day of the week after school. We have made this day Thursday, because our children's museum is open late on Thursday's. I pick up the kids at 4:00, we go get ice cream at our local ice cream shop, and then go to the museum for an hour or so. It is our special event. Especially when I am convincing the 4 year old to go to school, it is a good motivator! We may add in dinner out (and some restaurants may offer free kids meals on Thursday's) but right now they are a little tired to sustain that long.

Plan a special week night event, especially if you have older kids- my parents used to call it "family night." We were all forced to join in, no exceptions, and now I am thankful to have had that time with my family!

1 comments:

Betsy said...

What a GREAT tip! I think Lilly and I might just have to join you! The Museum is always a fun place!

Thanks for joining the Smart Moms Contest!!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com