9/08/2007

Are You Ready for Black Friday?

It seems a little early to start making preparations for Black Friday, but it is never too early to start making a plan. Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving when all of the stores have the greatest deals, before 8:00 am! I live in a rural area, so for the past few years, my mom, my sister, my sister-in-laws and I have pack up Thanksgiving night and drove at least an hour and a half to go to the closest biggest city, spend the night in a hotel (one time the hotel was IN the mall) and then we get up at 4:30 am to be at a super store at 5:00 am when the doors open.

And it is crazy! No carts, people fighting and pushing for the best deals (of which there are usually on one or two per store), and mass chaos for the first hour or two of your day.

Then we go to the mall. More craziness and more deals, but at what price! Not to mention I buy so many things that are not even Christmas presents because I cannot resist the deal!

This year I have a new plan. It is a great website that provides you with all of the black friday ads by email alert before anyone else. You don't have to wait for the Thanksgiving newspaper! You can purchase all of the items online WITHOUT standing in line through direct links from the Black Friday ads.

The store I go to first every year is Target. And Black Friday list Target's after Thanksgiving specials via email right when they get them. Then you can sit at the comfort of your computer and place your order for the same deals that are available in the stores (I am sure there are some limitations to some deals and times to purchase, but it is STILL better than standing in line!).

As the holiday season gets closer, the Black Friday website will be my main source of planning for the great deals! I WILL NOT be in line this year at 5:00 am! I will be in the comfort of my home with my crazy family instead!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com