7/20/2007

Simple Successful Habits

I was tagged long ago by Wendy of Adventures of a Suburban WAHM Success In Weight Loss. The meme was on Simple Successful Habits.

What has made me successful? I am guessing it what you mean by success. In determining what you do well in life, you really have to look at everything you have accomplished in relation to what you wanted to accomplish.

  • I am a success as a mother. That has been my goal in life, to be a mom. I am now the mom to two sweet children. I may not be be the best in all I do, but I am doing the best I can! :)

  • I am a success in finishing my education as a teacher. From a young age, all I wanted to do is teach! I love teaching and always have. I love going to school, and still continue to do that now and then! Even though I stay at home, I still tutor, teach Sunday school, and some kids activities. It is in my blood.

  • I am a successful entrepreneur. I am judging my success on accomplishing my goals I have set so far. When we started Smart Moms, I did not know what we were getting into. As we have come along, I am amazed at what we have accomplished. Now I am so proud of us!
To be successful, there are some habits you have to have.
1. Setting goals. What is it you want to accomplish? How are you going to accomplish it? What do you want as the end result?

2. Make a plan. When do you want your goal accomplished by? What steps do you need to get to the goal? What education or information do you need to gather in order to accomplish it?

3. Work the plan. Schedule time each day to work towards your goal. Jack Canfield of the Success Principles says to do 5 thing each day towards your goal. I at least do that many! But make them things you can accomplish and that will move towards your goal. Don't get too involved with busy work.

4. Reward your accomplishments. No one wants to work towards a goal and not receive praise when you complete it. Praise yourself if there is no one else to praise you! Reward yourself, even if it is just a day off work (although you know that will probably not happen!). Enjoy the fact that you have reached your goal!

In all things, measure your success by judging yourself, not others. Success is about what you see as accomplishments, not what others are accomplishing. Thanks Wendy for encouraging me to think about success today!

Tagged!
Anita gets a log of tags in her work at home mom blog
Suzy on her Core Insight Coaching blog
And Fine Tune Your Business Ethics! at MomsNetwork.com

1 comments:

Suzy Strempke said...

Thanks for the tag! It gave me something to go with :-) Here's my post http://growthinaction.blogspot.com/2007/07/simple-successful-habits.html

Keep up the great work!

 
design by suckmylolly.com