6/01/2007

A Day At The Beach

June 1 is truly summer in Florida. It is normally the beginning of the hot days, only getting hotter.

It will only get hotter from today!

My husband decided earlier this week that we should go to the beach today. Now we are in the middle of a drought, and they said rain was coming, but who thought it actually would!

We did get to the beach on the west coast around 10:30 am. It was a little hazy and windy, but not bad. The water was unusually cool, I thought, but since I live near lakes that are very warm, I thought maybe I was confused.

So it starts to sprinkle about 1 and a half hours after we get there. We stayed and let the kids play. Then it gets a little harder, but still not too much. But we did leave to go home.

One the way home... it was 68 degrees in Florida on June 1! I tried to research the lowest temp for this area, and all I found were averages for Tampa- high of 89, low of 75!

So who knew, the day I finally get my husband to go to the beach, we have a cold snap! In JUNE!

P.S. After I wrote this blog, I found out that we actually have a tropical storm in the Gulf. It would have helped if I had checked the weather... but we are thankful for the rain. It is suppose to rain all day tomorrow too. At least we got in a few hours!
P.S.S. The low today got down to 66 degrees- in JUNE!

1 comments:

Betsy said...

It was soooo nice to FINALLY get some rain. It has been so dry. I've never seen our pond so low. And the weather, wow, it's too good to be true. Those who have never lived in FL just don't understand how hot it typically is this time of year. No complaints here!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com