4/14/2007

Spam

Not the canned meat either! This week my husband received an email from an Arbonne representative, and it was not me. Someone got his email because he purchased a gift a few months ago from a company and she is an Arbonne rep at some point. So she is using her email list to send unsolicited emails to all of her customers from her other business for Arbonne. It is pretty funny that she came across someone that already has their own Arbonne rep- HIS WIFE! How many emails a day do you get an email from someone that you don't know? I typically get up to 100 from crazy people that somehow legally got my name from some advertisement or a company from which I requested info, but to get an email from a real person that somehow got your email... it is just wrong. In all business, we should strive to do things ethically and not blast emails to anyone in our address book! Then she had the nerve to tell me I would discolor the name of Arbonne by being annoyed she was sending emails to my husband! You wonder how some people sleep through the night!
I am done with my rant! An example of how NOT to do business.

2 comments:

Roswell Card Lady said...

"Discolor" the name of Arbonne . . . is that makeup/skincare lingo?!

Just shows how silly some people can make themselves look by soliciting people who had not first expressed interest.

I attended an open leads event with about 40 people last week. We went around the circle and gave a one-minute, etc. They passed out a phone list which was nice for making notes as people spoke. Afterwards you could go up to meet people and ask for their cards, if you wanted to.

That afternoon I got a call from a woman asking me about dental/ medical insurance, she said she met me at the meeting. I said we had plenty of insurance coverage through corporate jobs, and also told her that I didn't think the leads group would appreciate her cold-calling people. She replied, "This isn't a cold call - I met you at the group!"

I disagreed (nicely) and said they told us to ASK people if we wanted more info. (As if. She had already given everybody in the circle her brochures, flyers AND business card!) THEN she started in, "You may have dental coverage, but did you know that just one crown will cost you . . ."

At that point I said goodbye. Poor thing just did not have a clue. Curious if she'll show up next time, or her "non-cold calls" got some people to really blast her. (I was nice. I really was.)

Unknown said...

Yes Arbonne is a health wellness skin care company. Thanks for your support!

 
design by suckmylolly.com