4/16/2008

Save $1000 in one year

You are probably wondering why saving $1000 in one year would even be worth the effort. Wat I learned today from Yahoo Finance was that $1000 a year is barely coving inflation. So if you want to at least keep up with inflation, saving some money is a good idea.


The article on saving $1000 in a year offers some practical tips for saving money. We have changed to a clothes line, I have cut my son's hair a few times after buying some professional clippers from a discount department store, we replaced our light bulbs with lower wattage bulbs. It all helps. However, I thought I was saving it for the benefit of having more money, but now I find I am saving just to break even! What a concept! What ways are you trying to save money at home and out and about?
Click here to support breast cancer research by purchasing an original Breast Cancer No Excuses T-Shirt

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today, and especially here, it is hard to save money. But for saving money at home, I can tell you what my boyfriend did. After his parents moved to a house (they lived before in a flat together), the electricity, gas and water went down immediately. They bought a new fridge :-), which was more efficient, they stopped watching TV, now they have tv on the PC, especially laptops do save money. So my advice is, throw out your parents out of the house, especially it hey are cleaning and washing every day :-D Just kidding :-)
But you could buy new windows and isolate the house. We have new windows and we isolated our block of flats this summer and I had the heating on during the winter only few times. Buying modern and new equipment saves the money too.
But saving when it comes on clothes... Here even discounts are expensive... In normal stores the price of one T-shirt is about 5% of the average monthly payments. So when the payments is 20 000 SKK, the T-shirt cost 1 000 SKK. I do not understand how the shops can survive! Who is buying those things?

 
design by suckmylolly.com