1/27/2008

Miss American- Did they change reality?

I watched TLC's short reality show, Miss American: Reality Check for the past few weeks. I am a reality TV junkie, but I usually record it to my DVR and then quickly skim through all the commercials and unimportant conversations to decrease my time on these meaningless, but interesting, shows. The premise was they were going to change the face of Miss American for a younger crowd by changing the way they walk, look, and dress. They never even identified the women by name, which was strange. However, the ones they highlighted on the show that made the most transformation did not even win the Miss American pageant! The short clip provided from Yahoo shows that the woman selected, Miss Michigan, appears to look exactly like every other Miss America. So it makes you think, do the women that choose to change regret that they gave away everything they had learned and possibly threw out their chances at winning?

And my favorite was Miss Utah, Jill Stevens, former Army sergeant that served in Afghanistan. It is a little strange that she was even in the pageant- she is beautiful and funny, but very unlike the rest of those women. Go Jill! She was voted America's Choice in the pageant- I am not alone in my thinking!


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com