9/28/2007

Working Moms and Sick Children

It has been a week. Since I am now a full time employee, I now have to worry about choosing if my children are well enough to go to school or miss work and keep them at home. It is a hard decision when you know one child wants to stay at home and may mislead a parent to get to stay home.

Since I am home with my children this week at night while my husband is in the hospital, I am the only one that can stay home.

First, I did not go to work Tuesday since my husband went into the hospital for his first chemo treatment.

Second, my daughter threw up Wednesday night so we stayed home Thursday.

Now, my son threw up on the way to school today, so we are home again.

Three days in one week. I have a great supervisor who knows our family situation. How can a parent stay home this much if they have an unreasonable supervisor or a job only one person can do? You see it portrayed on TV, the parent leaving the child with someone else because they HAVE to go to work. Or moms lying about having children so someone will actually give them a job.

My thought- if it is a problem, they will have to fire me.

I cannot leave a throwing up child with anyone else. It is just not worth it or fair to my child. I am fortunate that I can stay home, even though my sick days are almost depleted, after 45 days of work!

So continue to pray for our family. We need it!

2 comments:

Kim said...

You are making the right choice. And having an understanding supervisor is another thing to be thankful for!!

:)K

http://www.4fabmoms.smartmoms-smartbusiness.com

Amber Bishop said...

Oh - Girl,

I am so sorry. If you lived closer you could drop them off at aunt Amber's house:-) I am praying for you all.

 
design by suckmylolly.com