8/24/2007

Magic Eraser Myth- Email Urban Legends

I have just finished a series of emails from another mom who forwarded the magic eraser email to anyone and everyone. Knowing it was false and how many people take those emails as fact, I sent the link (above) from Snopes as a "reply all". Now I may have been wrong in telling everyone the TRUTH, because the mom said I made her embarassed. I never intend to make anyone embarassed, it is not in my nature. It is my nature to speak the truth. And would she had ever told all those moms she made an error if it would have embarassed her?

So here it is- quit forwarding emails to other moms about things that MAY NOT BE TRUE! It causes fear and panic by anyone that does not do their research. The hand sanitizer email, TRUE! I looked it up before I believed it. And I did not forward it to one person- with all the media coverage, most everyone knew the facts anyway.

Do not believe everything you read. Check it out. And do not pass along incorrect information.

Better yet, do not pass along forwards... they are time consuming and mostly without validity. Do not waste your time reading forwards either. There are plenty of great websites with comedy, humor, and FACTS that we do not have to fill up our inboxes with forwards. Not to mention, the potential viruses you can be sending to your unsuspecting friend.

Now I am off my soap box!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Amen, sister!

Unknown said...

Thank for sharing this tip with my Thou Shalt Clean readers, Rebekah! :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com