8/10/2007

Cleaning Out the Children's Clothes

With school days just around the corner and the need to be efficient in the mornings, I tackled the children's dresser tonight- it is mostly filled with my daughter's clothes. My sister has a daughter older than mine, but smaller. She gave me a whole bunch of winter clothes, but my daughter (2 years younger than hers) will grow out of them before the winter comes (he daughter wore them this past winter). I have also held on to some things that looked like they were big, but really are not going to work.

So I am purging the clothes.

I have taken out anything I do not like or do not want or do not fit. There are now four possibilities for them:
1. Donate them to the Salvation Army.
2. Give them away to a friend.
3. Take them to the consignment store.
4. Sell them on ebay. (Since the 4fabmoms are doing an ebay challenge to clean out their houses, I could sell them on ebay with tips from the ebay selling coach.)

There are no longer younger girls in the family to pass them down to (soon I will be passing up!), so a close family friend will get some. But since I am trying get together some cash to pay off credit cards, I need to sell the better name brand items. And sadly, this time, the ones I don't want to do anything with will go to the Salvation Army. I know someone can use them, even though I see them as unfit (they are still in wearable condition).

It feels good to clean out and be organized. I may have to go back to my house cleaning challenge again!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

5th Option: Sell them on craigslist or post them in the "free" category on craigslist.

Go to: http://www.craigslist.org/about/cities.html. Then, click on your city.

Unknown said...

That is a great idea for those that live near or in those Craig's List cities. I use Craig's List for a lot of business postings. I would have to mail them though to any of the Florida cities, but it still may work!

 
design by suckmylolly.com