6/22/2013

DIY Mason Jar Hand Wipes



I love this idea from Clean Mama for Mason Jar Wipes.  

We are having a Mud Run birthday party today.  I do not want those dirty boys and girls running in the house to wash their hands before we eat.  I used the recipe from Clean Mama for the hand wipes so they can wash outside and eat food with out thinking about what is on their hands from the mud.

The recipe on her blog called for citrus castile soap.  I did not think those kids would care if their hands smelled citrusy so I used Aveeno baby soap that I already had in the house.  

Here is what you do for one jar (this is a wide mouth more than a pint mason jar):
  • tear off 12 paper towels (I did use the Bounty Dura Towel because they are really thick)
  • cut them in half
  • individually shove them into the jar (If there is more space, add more!)
  • mix 2 cups of water, 1 tablespoon baby soap, 1 tablespoon almond oil, 1 tablespoon witch hazel in a measuring cup
  • pour into the jar and swish around until all the towels are wet
  • drain liquid
  • make a cute sign :)
  • You could add essential oils for a scent if you would like.  Just a few drops though.
These are good for a week.  A nice way to make wipes for traveling or for a picnic.  Clean Mama also had a recipe for baby wipes and cleaning wipes.

Let me know what you tried!


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com