2/28/2008

Marathon With the 2 year old

I definitely feel like I have run a marathon this morning! My two year old refused to put clothes on this very chilly Florida day. She wanted to wear her PJ's! Well who wouldn't! But it simply was not going to happen. I had selected her clothes, since she selected shorts yesterday and it was too cool for those. She was angry and ran around the house to keep away from the evilness of the dress and pants I selected! After finally getting that on, she then liked the socks, thank goodness, but not the shoes. She wanted the socks with the little ball on the back, which she could not wear with her high top pink converse, but she was not into reasoning at this point. Finally got her shoes on and we started on the hair. I was happy to leave it down today, even though it would be in her face, but she wanted a "horsey tail." No problem, but then she wanted her shorter hair in front, not really bangs, up. So I had to take the pony tail out and that caused a fit. She would not allow a barrette, so I had to start over. She ended up hysterical over the whole morning and with some up some down hair, which she was okay with!

Of course, she gets to school in a great mood! Really- a completely new child! :)

I do understand those terrible two's and cannot wait since she is almost 3! Ha ha ha ha ha.
Click here to support breast cancer research by purchasing an original Breast Cancer No Excuses T-Shirt

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Can't wait to see how particular she is at 16!!

Thankfull Lilly isn't too particular at this point, but she will definitely not let me put things in her hair...wish I could change it, but oh well:)

Unknown said...

My son is so easy it is ridiculous! I guess they cannot be the same.

Kim said...

Ruby is almost 3 1/2 and just now starting to voice her opinions about clothes. I guess it was bound to happen! Thankfully she is pretty easy to "influence" towards an outfit that I like. We haven't had any meltdowns yet. :) Uniforms for school REALLY help.

Unknown said...

Just this morning, she wore the jeans she wore yesterday (cleaned) but not the butterfly shirt (dirty). I did convince her that she chose the jeans so I chose the top. We made it with little screaming!

 
design by suckmylolly.com