8/29/2007

Newberry Award Considerations 2008

After some research this morning on the Newberry Award considerations for this coming year, I was astounded by the amount of wonderful literature there is available from this year. I was disappointed to not find a very good list of the books that are possible considerations.

I have heard about and know something about the Newberry award, but I did not know that there is not a published list of books that are being considered by the committee. It is a big secret. There are books submitted for approval that are read, judge, and finally announced as the winner or as honor winner. The books for consideration must have been published during this calendar year, which is exciting to see all the new children's literature during one year!.

I created an Amazon Newberry Award List from the two sources I found. These books were given as suggestions from qualified individuals (not me!).

There is an online Newberry discussion group and some a Newberry blog to keep up with. I hope you will read some of these books before the announcement of the award winner in January 2008. Maybe you can start your own Newberry group! These books selections would be great to read with your children or have your children read at home.

For past winners, please visit the American Libraries Association for a complete list.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com